Product evaluation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Dreamer

Product evaluation

Post by Dreamer »

Hello all,
I found this product last week and it sounds quite intriguing. I have produced a few applications using Access 97, have a basic knowledge of html and some CSS. I would like to produce some of the ideas for web site applications that have been floating around in my head for years (thus my handle of Dreamer).

I apologize if my questions are naive but I am more of a dabbler than true programmer. Thank you in advance for your responses.

1. Could Aware IM be used to produce social/dating communities, POS systems, forums, streaming/VOD sites, online games? (Since Aware IM works on business rules and affects data I'm just not sure if it could be used in this way and possibly in conjuction with other software/scripts.)

2. If I were to create an application using MySQL as the database, can this database be used simultaneously and safely by Aware IM and a php script?

3. If a php script required additional tables could they be added to an existing Aware IM application's database?

4. If my web application were to have heavy traffic, how much does an additional Aware IM server cost? Is it sold separately or would I have to purchase an Aware IM Professional package (and have an additional 10 user licenses)? Or is the Aware IM server opensource like the JBoss and Tomcat?

5. I read in a post that a BO required a password to modify the existing program. Is an Aware IM application's program code secure? Is the code compiled?

6. I see that if one wishes to resolve an issue with the software it might be necessary to purchase a support ticket at $50/ticket especially for expedited service. Are there any other support plans available?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Your questions are not naive at all. Please see answers below:

1. Definitely can be used to produce social/dating communities and forums. As far as streaming and online games are concerned, you may need to develop plug-ins to support this. It is possible, just harder.

2. Yes, it can be - Aware IM tables are open but you need to be careful, naturally.

3. Yes, Aware IM can read and write into existing database tables

4. Our licensing is per server - extra server requires extra license.

5. Yes, Aware IM code is quite secure and the code is compiled (I am not sure I understand the statement about a BO requiring a password, though)

6. You can use community forums, but if you want us to reply within 24 hours you need to purchase a support ticket.
Aware IM Support Team
Dreamer

RE: my reference to BO password

Post by Dreamer »

Support,

4. Ok, I thought I would need another sever license in this case. But do need to select from your product comparison page or can one purchase a server license without any additional user licenses?

5. FYI RE: BO password, I was referring to a recent post in the forum: http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2306. Obviously, not being familiar with your product I must have misinterpreted this posting.

By the way thanks for the quick response. It's nice to know that the product is so well supported. I guess I need to set aside some time to demo the product. Thanks![/url]
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, you won't need additional user licenses for a new server.
Aware IM Support Team