Operation Error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ghilton

Operation Error

Post by ghilton »

Hi

With the help of TFord I have moving data from one BO to another working a treat and use this as an archive function, but I have a few errors (not with the processes I am pleased to say)!

I have a BO's called AssignmentSheet, CreditChecks and Temps

AssingmentSheet has 2 Peer relationships. 1 to Temps for the TempID and the other to Creditchecks for a ClientCode

Now the processes do work to a point in time (in this case to a Tax week)very nicely and I have even scheduled these to run with in AwareIM which is cool!

The problem I face now is from a certain point in the BO the archive does not work and I receive the message

"Operation Error. Value of ClientCode must be provided"

I have exported the data and gone through all the lines and have found that ALL entries for ClientCode are visable?

What is going on? Is this an issue with the Peer or the data? although I cannot see any issues?

I am at a loss! Can any one advise on where to look and what I can do?

Thanks
tford

Post by tford »

ghilton,

One way to narrow down the problem records would be process them in very small batches until you see which batch is causing a problem. maybe then once you see which record is causing the problem, the root cause will be more obvious.

Tom
ghilton

Batches

Post by ghilton »

Hi Tim

Again thanks for the help on this, I can really only search on weeks in this case it is taxweek. the problem is when trying to moce taxweek 24 onwards of last year. Just looking at taxweek 24 on its own has over 300 records!

I have exported the data to a csv file and gone through this line by line and there is no NULL entries and all looks fine. In short I cannot see any problem?

Not sure what else I can do, this is posing me a massive issue with the application causing users/clients to lose faith in the system. this is the only way we have to operate![/img]
ghilton

Wrong name

Post by ghilton »

Sorry I meant Tom :)
tford

Post by tford »

ghilton,

Are you talking about AssignmentSheet instances?

So there are no other attributes in AssignmentSheet that you could possibly break the 300 records into smaller groups & narrow down your problem?

Tom
ghilton

Data

Post by ghilton »

We are a payroll company, the clients enter data through this system as aTemps timesheet on a weekly bases so we can process the payroll.

I have gone through the records looking at the value of 'ClientCode' to make sure there is an instance in each record and there is? So I am confused as to why I have this error?

Week 24 only has 142 records which I exported to a csv file to make sure all the clientcodes's are populated! The only thing I can think of is there could be something wrong with the PEER? Previous weeks have moved fine.

We have an issue as we allow the client to copy across last weeks assignmentsheets to aid in data input but as we have past the first year mark I have all last years data getting in the way. Which is why this is an important process as the client cannot copy the previous weeks work as the current week already exsists. It is a complicated application!

Sadly I did not write this solution but took over a few months ago as the person left the company so it has been a big learning curve to understand how this is written and teach myself the ins and outs of a RAD system. I thought I was getting close to a solution and this is now happening! Not sure what I can do to trace this as the error is either wrong or some other issue is happening.

I have two other modules for assignment sheets and two now have these errors and one (not a well used type) is fine.
ghilton

Thanks

Post by ghilton »

Hi Tom

Thanks for the help with this problem. the solution was to run a query on the Peers that it is reporting missing, in this case one was ClientCode -

Find BO Where BO.Attribute IS UNDEFINED

This showed me a list of all the problem data that I neede to work through which I have now completed and the solution will be made live on friday.

So again a big thank you to tford for his kind support and help :)