Checking for logged in users

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
greg

Checking for logged in users

Post by greg »

Can you suggest a way for the awareim system administrator to check who is logged in to the system? It may be a useful check to perform before shutting awareim down for an upgrade, etc.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Not at the moment. We have added this to our TODO list to be implemented at a later stage.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

This is a priority issue with us. Knowing who is or isn't logged in is a must.

I notice we can run the "Run initalization process" that can run a process that I'm assuming can set fields we a user logs in.

However, I can't find anywhere that a Run logout type process that will run when the user logs out or when the system times out and forces them out to be able to set the fields that the user has logged out.

Any suggestions?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can use the special Login and Logout notifications to record who is currently logged in. If you select the Notifications node and right click to bring up the popup menu you will see "Add Login" and "Add Logout Notification" commands. Please check the User Guide for more details on these notifications.
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Will the logout notification also be fired when the session times out ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, it does.

One thing to note here. There are two places where time out is specified. One is BASServer.props file (SessionTimeout property) and another one is in webapps.props (also SessionTimeout property) - this file is located in AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM directory.

The former controls when sessions are timed out in the Aware IM server. And the latter one controls timeout of Tomcat. You are probably better off setting the same value to both properties.
Aware IM Support Team