Document vs. Report Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
twhitehurst

Document vs. Report Question

Post by twhitehurst »

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I have aware creating a legal document by using the <<tags>> and merging into MS Word.

This works great.

I also have some reports built in the report designer that are very simple (I just struggle with report designer :cry: ).

Here is what I would like to do. I want to have the application create my legal document in PDF format because I want the customer to have the document but not the ability to have the word version that they can edit.

Is it possible? Or is there some easy (really easy) way to do this in the Report Designer? I don't see it as a tool that will handle 70 pages of static legal text with <<tags>> spread all through the document? (but again I have a mental block with the report designer, so maybe there is a good way?)

Is there a third party tool that will let me create a report for report designer in a WYSIWYG format and import it into aware?

Any help would be fantastic!
tford

Post by tford »

I wonder if you coule have attributes for your legal document for each paragraph --- like Contract.Paragraph1, Contract.Paragraph2, etc.

You could then build each paragraph text using rules, then your report would simply be a series of paragraph attributes.

Tom
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

Now that is an interesting thought? I'm not sure if it would work and still look good from a format perspective? I'm going to try to see what happens?

Thanks Tom, I'll let you know how it goes... :D