Gettin' that data from the BO

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
christopherb

Gettin' that data from the BO

Post by christopherb »

Ok I having a some trouble getting this to "go" correctly

2 BO's
MerchantPayment
SalesMember

The MerchantPayment BO contains attributes such as AmountPaid, SaleCode, CommEarned and others. When a MerchantPayment is applied i need to take the SalesCode attribute and find the matching value in the SaleMember BO to get the value of the attribute SaleMember.CommisionRate.

From there I would calculate the value for the CommEarned attribute in the MerchantPayment BO

After writing PHP and such I am having a hard time getting my head around doing this one - any suggestions would be great!

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

Christopher,

From our conversations:

1- Make MerchantPayment.SalesCode a peer relationship to SalesMember instead of just a Plain Text field.

2- Shortcut SaleMember.CommisionRate into MerchantPayment.CommissionRate and use that in CommissionEarned calc.

Tom
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Tom,
Thank you, though after doing that Aware seems it will not allow me to use that as reference element within the existing design. I will review it again and let you know...
Cheers,

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

Sorry Christopher,

With existing data in MerchantPayment.SalesCode you will need to set up a new attribute similar to SalesCode & use that new attribute as a peer relationship. You'll then have to use a 1 time process to use the old SalesCode text data to build the relationships in the new attribute.

Tom