Tip for temporarily making a business space unavailable

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Tip for temporarily making a business space unavailable

Post by pbrad »

Every once in a while I need to take a business space offline while I fix a problem with the underlying database data(either directly using Navicat or phpmyadmin or through AwareIM export/import) and I need to prevent users from logging in and changing the data while I am working on it.

I have often wished that AwareIM provided the ability to take a Business Space offline for this purpose. After thinking about it for one minute and executing my idea in about two minutes I came up with a pretty fair solution for adding this functionality.

Here it is in case anyone ever has the same requirement:

- Add an attribute to the SystemSettings BO called SystemAvailable of plain text type, size =3, default = Yes, choices = Yes,No

- Copy an existing Visual Perspective and paste it to a new Visual Perspective called SystemUnavailable.

- Delete all menu items from new Visual Perspective except logout.

- Under 'Main Page', click on 'static HTML' and add message like: 'Sorry, this application is temporarily unavailable while system maintenance is being carried out. Thank you for you patience, please try and log in again shortly.'

- Create new process called SystemUnavailable with the following rule: 'If SystemSettings.SystemUnavailable='No' Then
DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE SystemUnavailable'

- Under 'General' tab of each Visual Perspective except 'Administrator' and 'SystemUnavailable', select checkbox 'Run initialization process' and select dropdown item 'SystemUnavailable'

- Now just login as Administrator and change the 'System Available' attribute to 'No' while you need to limit other user inputs.

Hope this is of some use,
Cheers,
Pete
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Nice one!
Cheers,

Christopher
christopherb

Gettin that data from the BO

Post by christopherb »

Ok I having a some trouble getting this to "go" correctly

2 BO's
MerchantPayment
SalesMember

The MerchantPayment BO contains attributes such as AmountPaid, SaleCode, CommEarned and others. When a MerchantPayment is applied i need to take the SalesCode attribute and find the matching value in the SaleMember BO to get the value of the attribute SaleMember.CommisionRate.

From there I would calculate the value for the CommEarned attribute in the MerchantPayment BO

After writing PHP and such I am having a hard time getting my head around doing this one - any suggestions would be great!
Cheers,

Christopher
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

oops my bad
Cheers,

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

Good one Pete!

Thanks much for sharing it!

Tom