Commerial Distribution & License Key Generation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Mondi

Commerial Distribution & License Key Generation

Post by Mondi »

We are planning to develop a number of small tools for a select group of clients, to be distributed as web downloads.

These tools will be made available conditionally and to ensure we protect our rights and intellectual property we want to assign license keys to each of the products we make available.

Someone pointed me at a product called Quick License Manager [Interactive Studios - http://www.interactive-studios.net/products/qlm.htm] and I am wondering whether this product 'goes well' with Aware IM.

Generally I'd like to hear from people who have gained experience with License Key Generators/Managers as we're looking for a good, solid product to help us achieve our objectives.

Cheers.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I have not had to much experience on the runtime version yet, but from what I understand, the licence keys are unique to the machine the application is installed on and AwareIm are the ones that issue the license key. So a third party licence key generator would not work.

Maybe support could comment on this.