working with many to many relationships

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ewsemmes

working with many to many relationships

Post by ewsemmes »

I'm developing an application that will track drug studies, related research members and study drugs. A study drug can be linked to many studies and a study can be linked to many study drugs. Aware IM takes care of that nicely. However, the study drugs, themselves, can have many descriptions. For example, drug XYZ can have many strengths, dosage forms, package sizes, etc. Rather than have a unique drug-drug descriptions, I thought I would have a single drug with links to many descriptions. I think Aware IM can accomplish that too. In presenting this information, is there a way to get a listing of all the drug(s) linked to a protocol (on the study form) AND a listing of all the drug descriptions linked to the drug all visible at the same time on the study form? Hope this makes sense.
e.s.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

One option is to use the Tree presentation option for attribute Drugs on the Study form. In the operation mode the drugs will be shown as a tree on the Study form with nodes that the user can expand to drill down to the next level, such as a list of descriptions etc. This option can be selected on the presentation dialog for attribute Drugs of object Study as an alternative to the 'Table of items' option.

Another option is to design a special presentation for object Study that can be used in addition to the Study form. Object presentations are similar to reports and can include nested sub-presentations to display related information. For example, you could create a presentation for object Study that would include a presentation created for object Drug as a sub-presentation. In turn, the Drug presentation would include a presentation created for object DrugDescription as a sub-presentation. Please refer to the Aware IM User Guide for details on object presentations and to the Photo Album sample application for examples.
Aware IM Support Team