Help With Multiple Objects in Documents

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
mpistrang

Help With Multiple Objects in Documents

Post by mpistrang »

I have a document defined from an external MS Excel file containing one column of 4 cells, each with <<Person.FirstName>> as its contents
(refers to BO Person's attribute FirstName).

I would like the document to display in each cell the first name of the result of a query which returns numerous Persons.

When I attempt to populate the document from the results of the query, the cells are populated with the information from only the first result of the query.

For example,
Once populated, the document looks like this...

John
John
John
John

...when the query returns the results...

John
Anna
James
Steph

Why is the document only being populated by the first entry?
How do I populate the document with all results from the query?
Any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks,
-Michael
--
Michael Pistrang
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

All document types except reports are not iterative - you cannot display query results in these documents because it is not clear where multiple results should go into. The only exception is MS_Word document that supports a family of LIST functions (have a look in the User Guide).

So your options are to either use reports and sub-reports or use MS Word document and LIST functions.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

If you really need the data in an XLS format, Michael you could try exporting the results of the query to a csv and then open it in Excel

John