RULE - REPORT ERROR

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

RULE - REPORT ERROR

Post by ACDC »

Hi

For some reason I can't get any response out of this simple rule attached to my Account BO

If Account.AssignToTeam='Yes' AND Account.Team IS UNDEFINED Then
REPORT ERROR 'Please Assign Team'

According to the Rules help this should work, but I do not get any error message if the Attribute "Team" is undefined

any ideas

ACDC
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

I was able to use your rule & get the error message to appear. PM me & I'll send the bsv.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Are you sure your rule gets executed? Have you checked the Log Viewer?
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

On further investigation, this problem gets bigger, it has nothing to do with the rule. On this particular object in my application I cannot get the required field on the attribute working at all. In all the other objects containing the same attribute it works perfectly well

The attribute has been checked as "Value must be provided". When you edit the record and then leave the required field blank it accepts the change when it should report the error

I have deleted all the rules in the object in an attempt to find the problem, but it still accepts a blank field

Also,in the log report the rule is evaluated and checked as though it is working
:shock:
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

After further investigation it appears that Inline Editing is causing the problem

When any form has a referenced object that is set to INLINE EDITING then any attribute on that form which has been defined as a "required field" (Value Must BE Provided) will be ignored. This problem also breaks a PROTECT rule