Derby to MSSQL

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ghilton

Derby to MSSQL

Post by ghilton »

Hello
This question must of been asked before but sadly I am going to ask this again! At present all the BO i have are in a Derby database and id not to excessable for seeing the data and backend reporting. Is there a way I can migrate the data to an SQL Sever with out the need for starting again?

Thanks in advance

Graham
tford

Post by tford »

Graham,

You can use EXPORT and IMPORT actions to accomplish this. Both are outlined in the User guide.

Tom
ghilton

Derby to SQL

Post by ghilton »

I cannot see anthing in the User manual, I can import and export from one BO to anthor as they are Derby databases.

What I would like to do is upsize if you like a BO from a Derby dataset to an SQL Dataset.

When a create a new app it does not ask me if I want the data on SQL it just creates this straight as Derby?

I hope that was not to confusing :) :)

Thanks
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

If you do a Brand new install of AwareIm, then it will ask you what Database you wish to use. Before doing the install make sure you have the neccessary DB server installed and then as you are going through the new install, it will ask for DB setup information such as USER/PW - (BTW make sure you have your existing DB backed up- it might be a good good idea to do this on a test machine using a trial version and your current BSV.)
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

This is fine but laborious, has anybody written anything to Export all BOs from a BSV asnd then Import ALL to the new installation?

John
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

I just migrated my laptop from Derby to MySql and ended up exporting the information that I wanted to bring over directly from the database of my production server to my laptop using phpmyadmin and Navicat. These are MySql database tools but I'm sure that there are similar tools for MS Sql.

Pete
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Pete
I have looked at those previously, but ran into issues I didnt get round to resolving when I tried to connect to derby using jdbc.
How did you connect to the derby DB?

John
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

I downloaded DB2 Express from the IBM site which comes with the odbc driver for connecting to Derby.
ghilton

Derby Connection

Post by ghilton »

Hi

I have tried using the DB2 Express from IBM but when trying to connect it kept asking me for the user name and password to the DB, I tried all the defaults etc to no avail. I would love to have some sort of ODBC connection to the derby dataset?
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Should be the same as you admin password set for Aware

Chris
Cheers,

Christopher
ghilton

Derby to SQL

Post by ghilton »

I have tried this and sadly it does not work!

:shock:
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Did you shut down Aware before trying to establish the connection from IBM's product (Benchmark, Express)?
Cheers,

Christopher
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Did you shut down Aware before trying to establish the connection from IBM's product (Benchmark, Express)?

At least with CSWorkBench you need to close Aware connection prior.

Good luck
Cheers,

Christopher
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Yep as I recall only one connection to derby is allowed at at time

John
ghilton

Derby

Post by ghilton »

Yep. connections where closed :cry: