New Version

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

Hi support,

would you please add me to the list for the beta Ext2 version.

Thanks & best regards
uche40

Post by uche40 »

Hello support,
The coding of the version has been completed and it is now in testing. Everyone who asked to be part of beta testing will receive the version towards the end of next week.
I did not get the beta test yet, is it out now, if so where do i download it?

Additionally,

1. Can i be able to easily transfer my awareim developer license to a different server if and when want to change my hosting providers? Is it just a matter of getting an updated license key form you guys?

2. When i do a reinstall of awareim, do i need to reconfigure my tomcat settings file for SSL support again or is this file not overwritten during the re-install or upgrade?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Beta has not been released yet - when it is, we will send everyone an e-mail. We apologize for the delay. The version is in its final stages of testing and will be released very very soon now.

Answering your questions:
1. Yes, you will be able to transfer the license easily.
2. You won't need to re-configure Tomcat settings - they are not affected by re-installation
Aware IM Support Team
pkesch

Post by pkesch »

support,

please make a post here when beta is released. otherwise one never knows what happened.

Best regards,
Peter.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Beta version has been released. Those who wished to participate must have been notified by e-mail. If you haven't received an e-mail please let us know.
Aware IM Support Team
robv

Post by robv »

This timing of this is really great! Thank you.

The next question is how long from beta to release? In other words when can we expect this next version to be released?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Hopefully, within a couple of weeks but also depending on the results of beta testing
Aware IM Support Team
uche40

Post by uche40 »

Support, Is there a beta version for the Developer edition yet?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Beta version can only be run as an evaluation version - DO NOT ATTEMPT to run it as your production version, it will not work and you are not allowed to by license arrangements.

Consequently this is a Professional version only. However, it should be quite sufficient for the demonstration of new capabilities.
Aware IM Support Team
himanshu

wanna like to have new version

Post by himanshu »

Hi support,

please add me also, as i will love to work on the new version.

:)

Thanks,
himanshu
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL