Using JBOSS and TOMCAT for OTHER applications

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

Using JBOSS and TOMCAT for OTHER applications

Post by jclark58 »

I have a couple of other applications that I have been tring to play with - one of which uses JBOSS and the other uses TOMCAT. (Lazarus and SeeWhy)

When I start AwareIM after one of these applications it either refuses to start or it starts but I get an error when I attempt to login to AwareIM.

How do I go about configuring AwareIM so that these servers can be shared between applications (assuming that is the best or correct way to do it)

/John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This may not be a good idea - Aware IM has been tested with certain versions of JBoss and Tomcat (they come with Aware IM). Different versions may exhibit certain incompatibility (especially around setup issues) and may need special fine tuning before they become Aware IM-compatible. Earlier versions may not work at all.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

OK based on the assumption that it is not good to use a shared JBOSS or TOMCAT how difficult is it to run more than one instance - more than just port changes? and what are the implications? Memory I suppose would be one.. Others?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Memory and ports should be the ONLY issues
Aware IM Support Team