Error when using 'Printer friendly version'

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
daz

Error when using 'Printer friendly version'

Post by daz »

I am running AwareIM on a SUSE Linux 10 box. When a user logs in, runs a query, and selects "Printer friedly version" to print the results, they get the following error: Internal error. /tmp/Item.html (Permission denied)

How can I clear this situation?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

When user invokes "printer friendly" functionality Aware IM creates a temporary file in a temporary directory on the server. It looks like operating system's access permissions do not allow Aware IM to do this - either creating new files is not permitted for the current user or access to the temporary directory is denied or it does not exist (which is more likely).

Where temporary directory is, is operating system specific. From the error message it appears to be /tmp. Please check that it exists and that access to this directory is allowed.

Alternatively you can specify explicitly where temporary directory is. To do this modify startAwareIM.sh script located in the BIN directory and add the following string right after "java":

-Djava.io.tmpdir=MyPath, for example

java -Djava.io.tmpdir=mydir/mysubdir ...
Aware IM Support Team
daz

Post by daz »

I found that the /tmp/item.html file existed but permissions did not allow it to be over written. Changed that and all is well now. Thanks for the help.