Lost Business Object attributes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

Lost Business Object attributes

Post by jclark58 »

BIt the bullet and spent a whole day manually setting up Business Objects attributes that correspond to tables and fields on my database but now I seem to have lost all that last session. The BOs were previously created a with at least one field and it seems that is where I am back to now.

At what point are the changes from a session "saved"? There is a possibility the system was hibernated and may have been rebooted at some point.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Changes from a configuration editing session are saved in the database when you select the Update Business Space Version command. When you click Save on a page for a business object, a query, or any other top-level configuration element, that element's data is saved with the version, but the whole version is not automatically updated.

If you are working on a configuration of a business version, it is a good idea to update it periodically. This is the same as when working with a document in any other software application. If there are any un-saved elements when you issue the update command, the system will prompt you whether to save the changes to individual elements before proceeding with the update.

You can also back up the configuration work stored in the database by exporting it into a BSV file. Please refer to the Export Business Space Version command in the Aware IM User Guide for more details.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Thanks - as this is a "databased" product and I could not see a "Save" command I guess I assumed that all changes were being automatically written to the DB as a session progressed.

Suggestions:
1. to avoid confusion, provide a Save command on the File menu that saves the current business space - .

2. Provide a timed Save option for the use to set eg every 5 10, 5 mins a la MS Word.

3. automatically save all changes to the database - this is the safest option and would allow rollback , unlimited undo and history logs - usefull to see when and who made a change and would fit in very well with your builtin mechanisms for version control.