TWO OutgoingEmail objects BO and Notification and I .....

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

TWO OutgoingEmail objects BO and Notification and I .....

Post by jclark58 »

In the process of harmonising all my date formats I went thru each BO and set the date format for all Date and Timetamp attributes.

I also modified the OutGoingEmail BO and when I attempted to save it I was advised that a "Notification of this name already exists, please use another name"

I named it OutGoingEmail2 and when I save that I noticed that the OutgoingEmail BO disappeared.

When I attempted to update the BSV, I got a stack of Integrity errors from queries that refereneced the OutGoingEmail BO.

I have since renamed the OutGoingEmail Notification and changed the BO back to resolve these errors.

1. How come there are two objects with the same name? I assume this is some sort of system exception to the rule of one name per object - which leads me to the next question..

2. What sort of trouble has this put me in - with an OutGoingEmail notification different to what AwareIM expects?

John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Business objects, notifications and groups share the same namespace, i.e. you cannot have a business object and a notification with the same name. OutgoingEmail is a reserved name for the notification used to send outgoing e-mails. There may be a bug in the system in that it allows you to create OutgoingEmail BO if the OutgoingEmail notification doesn't exist yet. But then if you create the notification the problems may occur.

The bottom line is to avoid calling your business object OutgoingEmail. Try to rename it and then you can create outgoing e-mail notifications.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

My point is that there was Already both an OutGoingEmail BO AND Notification in my system which I believe was provided by AWareIM when I paid for some work.

The problem occurred when I tried to change the date format in the existing BO. There were quite a number of dependencies on that BO that complained after I was forced to rename it.

As a result I changed the name of the Notification, but I understand you are now saying that the system wont work correctly this way.

How do you suggest I recover from this?

John