Non-persisted data issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Non-persisted data issues

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I have a query that refers to a non-persisted form for the query parameters. The query is accessed through a process:

ENTER NEW FindExpenseReport USING Main
DISPLAY FindExpenseReportQuery

I am assuming that the 'FindExpenseReport' BO is being held open while the query is running so that the query can refer to the BO data. I am wondering if there is something that I need to do to 'close' the 'FindExpenseReport' BO after the query is run.

The reason that I ask is that the query only seems to run properly once and then it just brings up the form and on submit, states that the record has been created and doesn't bring up the query.

Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

What do you mean that the "record has been created and doesn't bring up the query"? Why should it run again?
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

If you run the 'Find' process it runs properly by showing the parameter selection form and on submit, shows the filtered query results.
If you run the 'Find' process a second time in order to view the query with a different set of parameters, it doesn't show the query results after submitting the form. It just shows a new blank form and states that the record has been created.

Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Strange. Does LogViewer/servers output have any hints?
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I will do some troubleshooting and see if I can provide you with better info. In the meantime, I have changed the process so that the Enter rule is in the process and the display rule runs from the form if the BO IS NEW. This seems to run properly although the continue and cancel buttons at the bottom of the query are somewhat superflous.

Pete