Confused uploading DocTemplates

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Word 2003 (11.816.8172) SP3
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

(Crossposted)

I have found a Java Out of memory error in the AwareIM log and increased memory yet again. to JBOSS 256M TOMCAT 128 CONFIG 128 in case this is the issue but the save error still exists.

If I delete sections of the document it seemed to save OK but it seemd more about the size of the document

I have not as yet discounted some sort of attibute tag mismatch issue although I have crawled all over the document.

NB. I just tried it again after a reboot / restart and it seemd to save OK, but there is now an Integrity problem that just lists the name of the document with no further details. If I click on Edit nothing happens and I can see any hint in the logs
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Can you send us the document in DOC format?
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

I have emailed the current .txt version that is causing the Integrity problem

I also found that edits I made to the RTF version in word (also attached) introduced corruption in the AwareIM tags - invisible until Saved then a long error dialog pops up. Problem removed by copying and pasting the section of text to Notepad, then back again into Word however further edits in Word could reintroduce similar problems.

However, The essential error I think I have is that Save doesnot necessarily display errors it finds. The only way to see if I made a clean change was to Close the Config page and see if it exited or not. (Of cousrse this explained the other problem I was having about changes not sticking as I was merrily making changes Saving and not Closing then publishing - change failed - then going back into the editor sometimes after closing to find my changes had disappeared.
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

I have found a resolution to my Problem:

Save in Config DocTemplate Form does not report all problems particularly when editing an RTF file as text template. The way I eventually noticed that an error was being detected (apart from my changes not working) was that Close would prompt to save the document, even though I had already saved it, and then would not Close the form.

My habit was to edit a Save then generate a new Test version therefore didnt twig to any errors except that my world wasnt working.

Also Integrity check does not report actual error, or open the document in Word. This forces a trial and error approach to locate the error. i.e. deleting parts of the document to see when a Save and also Integrity Check works

This was further complicated by the tendency of Word to insert hidden rtf tags into AwareIM tags which required the text to be pasted into a text editor and then copied and pasted back.

ps the error was an extra "." in a tag

Can I Suggest that Save and Close functions report errors they may find??.

Regards
John
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

OK after working thru all the other issues I have an RTF text file that loads cleanly but does not generate a report. I see an "unknown system error" in the status bar

the AwareIM log has the error
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have already increased memory to 256M

Moreover I saved the file as a doc and created a new Template entry as a Word template and this works fine.

(this would be allright if I was using a Windows target server - but no its Linux hence the RTF /text approach).

Suggestions or ideas?
I need an editable report that can be forwarded for annotation.

John
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Close this - I rechecked memory for AwareIM server and increased from 128 to 256 M in .bat file and..... IT WORKS!

It still seems like an awful lot of memory but, even as 128M

JOhn