Presentation link to file

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Presentation link to file

Post by tford »

In a Presentation, is there a way to link to a specific file in a folder in C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\anyfolder ?

If so, what would be the syntax?

Thanks,
Tom
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Tom,
Presentations are created in HTML so you should be able to a standard HREF tag.

Try this and see if works for you;

<a href="path to your file">Click here</a>

*add the code to your presentation as a text element

Of course you can add many other HTML attributes to the following HREF tag if you need to. If you don't have any luck. I will take a peek at making this work on Sunday.

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks Christopher,

Actually I learned from P267 of the manual that PDFs (and other docs) stored in BOs are automatically hyperlinked & opened in a new browser window.

Another cool "automatic" feature of AwareIM. I was trying to make it harder that it needed to be.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

P267 of the User Guide says:
NOTE: if a tag element in a presentation refers to an attribute of the Document type the hyperlink for this tag is automatically generated in the Operation Mode even if the tag element does not define it. When a user clicks on this hyperlink the document stored in this attribute is shown in a separate browser.
Is there a way to have the link name say something like "View Report" while the file that opens up in a new window is MyReport.pdf

Thanks,
Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is another way of doing this. See our reply in thread http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2044

As an absolute URL for the text or tag element you can use a hyperlink to a file system file:///(file path)
Aware IM Support Team