How many conditions can you have in a rule?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rem

How many conditions can you have in a rule?

Post by Rem »

I have 60 now and nothing works any more :cry: :evil: !

/Rem
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There are no limits. Saying that "nothing works" is not helpful. What exactly is not working?

By the way, 60 conditions in a rule!! With my 20+ years in IT I have never heard of a rule with half as many conditions.
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

Well, it´t because I like Aware so much I´m using it for all kind of unheard stuff :lol: !

Or, actually I have (when I count) around 17 conditions in one textual rule (and then I have 6 more rules on the same BO, small ones).

But on the rule table tab this is broken up into around 60 conditions. Could this be why things stop to work?

(and now I will nag about this rem function for rules again, because if I had it it would be very easy to rem a couple of rules and se what happens if it started to work again)

By the way, copy and paste doesn´t work very well, is it possible to build in copy and paste to the rightclick menu?

/Rem
Rem

Post by Rem »

Looks like I solved this :D !

I broke up the one rule (which had many else ifs) into six smaller rules. Somehow this seems friendlier to the system because when you look in the rule table I only got six extra lines (compared to 60 before). So now everything seems to work fine again!

/Rem