Feature suggestion: Save and Close button

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Feature suggestion: Save and Close button

Post by tford »

A huge time saver for me would be to have a "Save and Close" button added to the bottom of each BO, Query, Process, etc screen. I often find myself having to go quickly into a screen, make a quick change & desire to "Save and Close". Right now I have to do 2 clicks (not keystrokes).

Thanks for considering!
Tom
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

As I have also had the same idea many times, I can't but subscribe to this.

Another possibility would be to know how to manage those buttons. Thus it would make it even possible to bind a "process" to a Save & Close button.

Thanks.
tford

Post by tford »

pixerp,

I think we are talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about in the Configuration Tool & I think you are talking about AwareIm in the Operation mode.

Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

I'm with Pixerp, more controls over the buttons including controlling visibility and actions would be great.

Pete
Rem

Post by Rem »

I second for both suggestions!

More control, espcialy over the Operation mode layout, would be great!

/Rem
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

And me too! for both suggestions but particularly for Operation mode form layout and buttons.
tford

Post by tford »

I agree with both also.

By the way, adding a SAVE option to Reports & Presentations in the Config Tool would be a good idea. Ironically, right now they both have a 'SAVE & CLOSE' button, but no SAVE button. I've had situations were I loose my internet connection & was in the middle of a bunch of report changes. When I try to save my work, I find out that it's not possible. So, now I periodically SAVE & CLOSE when doing a bunch of REPORT editing. It would be much better to only have to do a SAVE until I'm 100% done.

Tom