Content management?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rem

Content management?

Post by Rem »

Anyone knows any good (easy) contentmanagementsystem that can integrate with Aware in some way?

(I don´t supose you can use Aware as a content management system?)

I don´t know anything about HTML (and has no intention in leraning) so I want it to be easy and be able to place pictures, add news and sections in an intuitive way. I also would like to have a clientportal where customers can login in to Aware and se their data.

Anyone has any knowledge?

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

Rem,

I've found ArticleLive to be a good content management system - http://www.interspire.com/r.php?e=dG9tZ ... e&r=coupon

I have not integrated it with AwareIM, but it can be done via iframe, which is HTML. As far as integration with of any CMS with AwareIM, I'm not sure it can be done without SOME HTML knowledge. I'm a newbie at HTML also & have found that the AL support team is good like Aware's support team. They will provide snippets of HTML if necessary via email support to accomplish certain things.

Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Rem,

There are tons of good CMS systems out there and many of them are even free. DotNetNuke is probably the most robust that I have used and CMS made simple is a great, easy-to-use CMS that would be a good option for integration depending on your AwareIM back-end database of choice.

There are various levels of integration from shared sessions and databases on one end to simply utilizing iframes in one or the other applications on the other end. However, your lack of html and probably php knowledge is going to make integration a difficult if not almost impossible task for you.

What I would suggest is to stick with AwareIM and you can probably do the bulk of what you are trying to achieve. Site aesthetics are going to be a little restrictive but technically most cms type functionality should be possible. The addition of html formatted text fields with a wysiwyg editor is key to your ability to offer this type of solution.

Even with AwareIM, basic html knowledge is a real asset so you might want to study up a little bit. There are many sites out there that offer tutorials and such and you might find that an hour or two spent learning html might be time well invested.

Let me know if there are any specific cms challenges that you need help with.

Cheers,
Pete
Rem

Post by Rem »

Thanks alot!!

I will look into these systems and see which is more suited for our needs (I my knowledge in HTML :) )

The easist form of integration could very well be to just point the customers to the Awareserver and let them login as usual.

Do you know, by the way, if any of these runs on IIS?

Thanks again!

/Rem
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

Pretty much all software will run on IIS. The more that I think about it though, the more I believe that you are best to work within AwareIM and just introduce some html pages into your main frame if you need to do something like Flash slideshows or video etc.. Other than that, blogs, forums, directories, document management systems, project management systems, articles, pseudo html pages etc... should all be easily handled by AwareIM itself.

Pete
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

As per learning HTML one the best resources you can find here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/

You will find all you need and more the produce fine HTML content. Once you grab the basics you can then move into learning CSS to take you HTTP layouts to the next step.

Of course is you have any questions I would be happy to help....

Good luck,
Christopher
Rem

Post by Rem »

One more question about this:

If I use Aware as content management, how would I do that, I don´t want the users to login the hompage. Is there someway to bypass the login to a BSV?

/Rem
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Rem,

Yes, use 'guest' access. Look up guest in the help file or the user manual and it is fully covered there.

Pete
Rem

Post by Rem »

Thanks!

Will look in to this!

/Rem