Very large installations?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rem

Very large installations?

Post by Rem »

Hi all!

I am thinking about making a very large app. Today all I have seen of Aware BSV:s are basically small and neat apps which basicall does one thing, more or less.

I have now an idea of making a very large one, with about everything we need built in to it. We are also opting to have our customers using it.

Today I have 5 BO:s, lets say if I were to have a 100. And also put in all my agreements (word and PDF-files, 0,5 GB). Today we are 10 users and this could also mean 100 more.

Would this be advisable? Are there any limitations or other things to consider, like the system becoming slow or so?

Computerpower is not a problem, are there any recommendations here?

I´m using MS SQL 2005 today and are planning on keeping it this way.

/Rem
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Rem,

To be honest, your very large app is still a pretty small app. I don't have a hundred BO's in an app yet, but I do have apps with over 60 BO's and more than a hundred users in several of them. I don't think that the number of BO's is that relevant though.

The number of concurrent users, the number of various records in your database and the quantity and complexity of your business rules/processes running at the same time are more relevant factors. Also, the number of apps running on the same server (I have around 10 right now) is probably just as relevant as the size of any of the individual apps.

There is a good post somewhere in this forum that discusses how to allocate server memory according to the type of application that you are building, do a search for 'memory' and you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

I hope that I am not giving you any false info here but the above represents my understanding.

cheers,
Pete
Rem

Post by Rem »

Ok, that sounds great then!!

Anyone else who is in the neighbourhood of Petes size whom has other experiences?

Support?

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

aware_support

Post by aware_support »

What Pete is saying is absolutely correct, so don't hesitate to increase your number of users. We will be happy since you will need to upgrade your license! :D
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

Thanks all!

Sounds great! I will definately go ahead and throw Sharepoint out the window.

One final question (at this point I´m to lazy to look it up in the manual sinze the actual coding will have to wait some weeks):

If I let customers in to my system, I asume that it´s no problem to let them have access to only their records?

/Rem

PS. I think there should be a subscription fee which includes new versions and support DS.