Wish for new features

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rem

Wish for new features

Post by Rem »

A couple of features that I think would really make life easier if they were implemented in some future build (or version).

1. A way to REMARK out a rule (rightclick and disable ot a button to the right)
2. A searchfunction so that you can search the entire BS for a phrase (I had a message on my screen and couldn´t find it, very anoying..)
3. A way to save and reuse standard presentation forms. I really think that would be great (I know, I´ve said it before)

If someone of these is allready in place the better, but otherwise it would be interesting to here if you feel the same!

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

Rem,

A couple of things you can try if you haven't already:

1- to remark out a rule, add an IF condition 1=0. This will never be true so the rule is effectively disabled.

2- Search function: Have you see the "Searching Rules" section of the User Guide - see page 249. You can apply this search function to disabled rules from #1 by searching for 1=0. You will then see a list of your disabled rules.

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

Thanks Tom,

I will look in to this. But I still think easyness/effectivness of the configurator tool is one of the keys to Awares future success so if it were implemented in some futer version I think it would be great for everyone.

(I obviously don´t know how much work this will cost Aware, but if it´s easily done, thow it in)

By the way, I think the reportdesigner should open in "fit to window" not 100% :D

/Rem

PS. I think Aware should have a subscriptionfee which includes new versions and support DS.