Query Results help please

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
geoff

Query Results help please

Post by geoff »

My BO Main has attributes
Main.JobSuburb of type PostCode
Main.JobPostCode of type PostCode
Main.StreetName of type StreetName

I want to query the records by Suburb.

My query (“Jobs by Suburb”) is:

FIND Main WHERE Main.JobSuburb=?Suburb OR Main.JobPostCode=?Postcode ORDER BY Main.JobStreetName,Main.JobSuburb,Main.JobPostCode

I had to write the query using Rule Form. I was not able to use the Simple Form as the attributes are referenced and do not show in the list of attributes for “Sort Results” or “Display Results”. (should that be so??)

When I go back to the Simple Form, the reference attributes appear in “Sort Results” but are still not showing in “Display Results”. The result is that my displayed result does not show the fields I want (Suburb, PostCode and StreetName). What am I doing wrong?

Using “Search Objects” in Standard menu in Operation mode, the results are displayed using randomly selected attributes. I can't see how to re-configure it to display only attributes I choose.

I have some form operations added to my BO. They work fine and are configured to show in the drop-down box at top of the form. But, the drop-down is default configured so I need to type something for a list of my operations to appear. I want it to “show all at the same time” when I click on the drop-down arrow. How do I do this?
tford

Post by tford »

geoff,

Re: #1 - you need to shortcut attributes from PostCode and StreetName BOs into the Main BO.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

geoff,

re: #2 -- sounds like you want to try Search Objects | New query . It's the last radio button on the Search Objects screen. When you click 'Search' you go to a series of screens that allow you to select attributes.

re: #3 - I don't understand.

Tom
geoff

Post by geoff »

Thanks Tom:

# 2 solution works great - thanks!

#1 - Do you mean a reference like Main.PostCodes of type PostCode, or do you mean a shortcut like Main.JobPostCode; type shortcut; path Main.JobPostCode.PostCode.PostCode?

#3 - When I "Add" Form Operations, a window comes up for each that allows me to choose location as
"In the Combo Box above the form"
"Below the form"
"Above the form"

I chose "....combo box" for each.

In Operation Mode, only the first operation shows in the box. Pressing the down-arrow still only shows the first operation. I have to start typing and the name of any operations starting with that letter show. (Same as with setting a drop-down box for ref elements where you can choose from:

Fetch all records at once
Fetch records dynamically as user types)

So what I am trying to do is change the drop down so it "fetches all operations at once" from which I can select the one I want. Hope this makes it clearer.

(I was trying to attach an image to this post - how do you do that?)

Geoff
tford

Post by tford »

geoff,
#1 - Do you mean a reference like Main.PostCodes of type PostCode, or do you mean a shortcut like Main.JobPostCode; type shortcut; path Main.JobPostCode.PostCode.PostCode?
shortcut like Main.JobPostCode; type shortcut; path Main.JobPostCode.PostCode.PostCode

Re: #3 - to post an image, you need to put it on a server somewhere & reference it in your forum post. One option is to put it at http://imageshack.us/

Tom
geoff

Post by geoff »

Hi Tom:

Image is:

[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/