Logs and Icons and Rules

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
geoff

Logs and Icons and Rules

Post by geoff »

Can someone please point me to where I can find what those little icons in the log mean?

I am getting "....is not allowed during initialisation" on a few of my rules even though I have checked "do not use rule during initialisation".

Why would this happen?? (there is a little yellow icon containing an exclamation mark and a red X next to these rules).

Can the log be printed out (I can't CTRL-C or anything)?
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

geoff,
Which log are you looking for as there are several? Maybe you could explain the trouble your having with a little more detail so we can help you better.

Christopher
geoff

Post by geoff »

Thanks christopherb:

I am looking at the Test Logger - Log to File (or Log to Viewer).

When stuff happens, the lines come up with little icons (shown on P79 of UG), but I don't know what some of the icons mean so I don't know if I am dealing with errors in my rules etc.

For example, I could not understand the "error" situation I was getting with an icon of a yellow circle with an exclamation mark and red cross next to "...not evaluated during initialisation".

I assumed it was an error which I set out to fix but could not! Now I THINK it means that it is NOT an error - just a message.

But I don't know that for sure as I can't find where the icons are described as to what they mean.
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

G,
Can you recreate and post the error or a screen shot?

Christopher
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

"Rule not allowed during initialization..." is not an error - just a message. Error messages are printed out in red.

When a form for a new object is being initialized rules for the object are being executed. Such rules usually set initial values for the form. However, a lot of them are ignored at this stage (hence the message). Whether a rule is ignored or not depends on the setting of the "allowed during initialization" flag.

When a user fills out the form for the new object and the form is saved, the rules are executed again. This time all rules are executed for real.
Aware IM Support Team
geoff

Post by geoff »

Thanks - I undertand what is going on now. But, still can't find what the icons stand for.