Reuse presentations

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rem

Reuse presentations

Post by Rem »

Another presentation question.

If I want to reuse my presentation (like a template), how do I do that or can´t it be done?

I have several different queries showing differents selection of the same Objects.

Like, only my objects. Only objects that are marked as completed. Only objects that is not completed and so on.

To display these I have to use some kind of presentation (I don´t want to use custom presentation as it not that flexible) but I want them all to have the same fields, same item rules and so on.

Is there some smart way to have ONE presentation to ALL the queries. As it is now when I change something I have to change everywhere and it really feels stupid and I allways forget to change somewhere.

Anyone knows?

/Rem
greg

Post by greg »

Rem,

You can create a custom presentation and and use it for all queries of a particular BO. A custom presentation may be flexible and it is is not very time consuming task to create one.

Another option is to display query results using a standard presentation and then to define a process

EDIT BO USING YourFavoriteForm

and add it to Operations list of the query instead of standard Edit

greg