Stability of JBoss

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
geoff

Stability of JBoss

Post by geoff »

Second time it happened in as many weeks - Aware froze in Test Mode and totally locked up my PC.
It happens only when I am in Test Mode - surely my rules are not that bad!! I am running IE 7 - is that a problem?
Support gave me the fix the first time - reload the entire JBoss folder into AwareIm, and it worked again this time.
BUT, is anyone else getting this problem (or are my rules really that bad :-) )??
Rem

Post by Rem »

I have similar problems. It usualy manifest itself like unability to logon. When you restart everything from the controlpanel it works again. Happens like every two weeks.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade Tomcat och Jboss outside the Aware installationprogram or is everything completely messed up then?

I´m running a Windows 2003 server ny the way.

/Rem
geoff

Post by geoff »

I can't restart from the control panel as JBoss sits there a long time "starting" then I get an error saying to send the log to support (which is how I overcame it the first time).
Hopefully there is a fix for this - it sucks.
Anyone know of an alternative to JBoss?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please do not try to replace JBoss or Tomcat.

As far as the problem is concerned - we have Aware IM running on our dedicated server for months without problems. Sometimes problems may happen on computers with dynamically allocated IP addresses (from the hosting provider). When there is a change in the IP address Aware IM may stop working. Therefore we do not recommend running Aware IM in production when IP address of the machine can change dynamically.

We don't know if this is the same problem you are experiencing. If the problem happens again, please record the outputs of all servers - Tomcat, JBoss and Aware IM and send it to us.
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

I can only speak for me and I have a static IP.

How about updates of Jboss and Tomcat? I don´t know much about these products but I have seen that there are several new releases.

/Rem
geoff

Post by geoff »

Don't worry suport - I won't try to replace JBoss or Tomcat (I'm having enough problems as it is).

My IP Address is static.

How do I record the "outputs of all servers"?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Go to Aware IM Control Panel and click on the View button next to each component. Copy the contents of each output window and send it to us.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I use use Firefox, but sometimes I go to IE 7 to test functionality and very often the application hangs.
geoff

Post by geoff »

It looks to me like there is some compatibility issue. Does anyone have the problem with lower versions of IE (like 6)?
Thanks for suggestion to use Firefox, but I need to use IE and would be real happy to know it does not hang when I finally publish!