Issues with the Mac Port of Aware

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
paddo2002

Issues with the Mac Port of Aware

Post by paddo2002 »

I have finally finished my app and I am fairly happy with it. Whilst working through the example with the library I have found several issues which must only occur on the macintosh. These are when the manuals refer to the directory of the aware installation. On the Mac, there is no directory. Just one File in the applications menu.

This leads me to one very important issue. I have finished my app as I have stated, but I want to now back it up by saving the whole structure and records saved in it onto a disk. Is this possible?

What if I were to move to another platform either windows or linux. Is it possible to copy the app from my awareim installation on my mac to the other platform? I only have the basic install on this computer.

Can anyone help me with some options

CHeers
Patrick
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

P,
I'm know Mac guy but I will give it a shot. On your Mac use the mac key+F and search "AWARE"

Your application file would execute other items so what you are looking for is the location of the created DIR that contains Tomcat, Jboss and such. If you find it backup your Data directory and DocTemplates. Then of course if you made any custom changes backup the necessary Tomact directories.

As per the second part of your post I have no idea moving from Mac to Win

Good Luck,
Chris
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

On a Mac a node representing Aware IM is actually an application folder containing many subdirectories. You need to select Aware IM application and then go to Action/Show Application Contents. You will then see several folders inside the application. You need to navigate to Contents/Resources/java folder. There you will find all standard Aware IM directories including BIN, DATA etc
Aware IM Support Team
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

Thanks for that,
I have found the files and backed them up. I have now installed the demo version on my work PC. Where should I put the files on the PC version. The folder structure is very different?

Cheers
PM
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The backup is not to transfer data from one machine to another one. You need to purchase a license for a new installation. You cannot transfer DATA directory from one machine to the other - this is violation of our license!
Aware IM Support Team
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

woops. I understand. :oops: consider that rectified.