questions about document

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
karima

questions about document

Post by karima »

Hi!

First of all, good year everybody.

1. I 've seen that i can store document in the Derby Database thanks to the Document attribute. It's great, but we cannot use the contents of the documents in queries directly. It's annoying because it is what we want to do. Can we use our documents outside the Derby database . If so, how? Do you have an example?

2. I try to make a SQL query using the Windows Indexing Service but it doesn't work. Can you help me to fix the problem?

Code: Select all

SELECT 	Candidat.* FROM AladdinV2_CANDIDAT AS Candidat WHERE Candidat.infosCandidat =  ALL (Select Path,FileName from SCOPE (DEEP TRAVERSAL OF {"\\Laboratoire\Inetpub\wwwroot\lab\cabinet\module"})WHERE contains (contents,{?'infosCandidat'})) 
tford

Post by tford »

karima,

re: #1 -- Would the EXPORT action help you at all? Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but the EXPORT action will take things stored in a Document attribute & store them in the Windows file system in the folder of you choice.

Tom
karima

Post by karima »

So I cannot directly open a file with Aware Im without having a document attribute. File must be stored in the Derby Database and can be sored in the Windows file system.

and what about my second question, maybe the awareim support can answer me please.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

How do you create this query and why doesn't it work? What happens? Any error messages?
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

This query allows me to interview a Windows indexing catalog.
I indexed a number of file, I would like to be able to make search with query.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_indexing_service
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I still don't understand what the problem is, but if it is with SQL then we cannot help you here. If the problem is with running SQL query from Aware IM then please describe in detail what sort of a problem you are having.
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

I'm trying to fix the problem alone, I will be back if I don't.
And I will try to better explain my problem.
Thanks for all!
karima

Post by karima »

1. I would like to query the Windows indexing service. So I try to define a simple query in aware im like this:

SELECT Rank, VPath, DocTitle, Filename, Characterization, Write FROM SCOPE('DEEP TRAVERSAL OF ""//Laboratoireserv/Inetpub/wwwroot/internet/cabinet/module""')WHERE CONTAINS(Contents, '""karima""')ORDER BY Rank DESC
However, Aware im doesn't recognize the scope table which is necessary to do this sort of queries.

2. The Document attribute supports all types of extension like pdf, email, specific Apple extensions...?

3. Is it possible to create graphics, applets with the help of Aware Im to make statistical graphic for example?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1. How do you define the query in Aware IM? You must use SQL form. When you are saying that Aware IM "doesn't recognize the table", do you mean when you are configuring the query or when you run it?

2. Yes

3. Aware IM doesn't let you "create" graphics or applets, but you can insert these into your object forms.
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

1. Aware Im doesn't recognize the table "SCOPE" when i configure the uuery. The table "SCOPE" is a "Windows" table which allows me to query the Windows indexing service.
Should I first connect me to the Windows indexing service?

2.Great!

3.The graphics will not be dynamic like that.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1. If you use SQL form tab when defining a query Aware IM does not care about the tables. YOU MUST BE USING WRONG tab when defining a query. YOU MUST USE THE "SQL form" tab !!

3. I don't understand your answer.
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

I use the SQL Form but when i save my query, i have this error message:

Wrong identifier of the data base table
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thank you, we'll investigate and let you know. For the future - if you started the topic with the description of the error message that you are getting you would have saved both of us a bit of time. Saying that something "doesn't work" is not helpful. Please indicate specific error messages and the circumstances under which you are getting them.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We investigated this and you are right - queries in SQL form can only query Aware IM tables. You will need to write a plug-in if you want to perform your own queries on non-Aware IM tables.
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

Ok, thanks for all!!