Importing a text file received via incoming email

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Importing a text file received via incoming email

Post by tford »

Just wondering if it's possible to receive an attached file via incoming email & import it into AwareIM?

Thanks!
Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, the attachment will be automatically copied to the Attachment1 attribute of the incoming e-mail notification as Document. You can then copy this document into a business object by simple assignment.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks Support,

Actually I'm wondering about saving a .txt attachment, then importing the data in the .txt file into BO instances using the IMPORT action.

Is there any reason that would not work?

Thanks,
Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, but why do you need to use IMPORT action? Simple assignment will work too:

MyObject.Document = IncomingEmail.Attachment1
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks Support,

I am looking to import/process the TXT file lines into individual instances of a BO & it's various attributes. I am not trying to save the entire TXT file itself as an attribute.

It's part of an application where I am trying to use AwareIM as the tool to present MS Access info online without manual intervention. Periodically the Access application will automatically email the AwareIM system 2 things in seperate emails:

1- TXT files -- they are to be processed & either create new instances of BOs or update existing BO attributes

2- PDFs -- they will be categorized into different groups by using the SET action to parse the incoming email message & create attribute info which will describe the PDFs contents. These attributes will then be used by various queries to make the PDFs available to AwareIM users based on their login access rights.

Tom

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks Support,

I am looking to import/process the TXT file lines into individual instances of a BO & it's various attributes. I am not trying to save the entire TXT file itself as an attribute.

It's part of an application where I am trying to use AwareIM as the tool to present MS Access info online without manual intervention. Periodically the Access application will automatically email the AwareIM system 2 things in seperate emails:

1- TXT files -- they are to be processed & either create new instances of BOs or update existing BO attributes

2- PDFs -- they will be categorized into different groups by using the SET action to parse the incoming email message & create attribute info which will describe the PDFs contents. These attributes will then be used by various queries to make the PDFs available to AwareIM users based on their login access rights.

Tom

Tom