More Questions about Aware

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
paddo2002

More Questions about Aware

Post by paddo2002 »

Hi All,
I am sure these answers have been provided before, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Is there a size limit to how many instances a business object can store?

Can a query search a particular business object, but display attributes from its reference attributes as well? ie can I search Revision, but display Revision.Mydocument.Title?

Can a >=Current_Date be used in a rule before the Send Email? If so how often does it keep repeating the sending of the email If you go past the date?

How secure is the connection to the aware server? ie, If I have it running on the intranet behind a firewall, is it possible to be broken into?

Can Awareim or is it in the works that it will be able to handle labels? Something similar to the way MS word does? Or any ideas on how to tackle this one?

Regards
PM
Rem

Post by Rem »

Hi!

I´ll try to to give some answers to the best of my knowledge.

If you have a query and want to show referenced attributes from other objects you can use shortcuts (hope that is what you mean).

About the security I think you have to rely on something else outside Aware. Perhaps some knows about https or using login via tokens (I don´t)? Ofcourse you can set up VPN tunnels but that is not really Awares problem.

HTTPS login combined with a lockout would be nice and simple tough, anyone knows about this?

The Current_date question I don´t really understand and the size limit I´m sure Support can Answer!

Regards Rem
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

Hi Rem,
Thanks for the answers. I found in the FAQ about the size. Basically it is unlimited which is great, depending on the Data engine. I am not sure, because I am using the standard install of aware, so I presume it is unlimited.

Security, yes seems to be only through the login system, but I am not sure just how secure this is?

with regards to the shortcuts in the query, can you elaborate please? I am not sure what you mean?

With the email rule, I have a notification that is triggered by a date attribute. When this = Current_Date, then the notification is sent. What I want to know is if you use >= current_date, can the email be resent over and over until another condition is met?

Cheers
PM
Rem

Post by Rem »

Well, with the standard setup with http and no lockout (not that I know of anyhow) it can be bruteforced. So if you have a user called "Admin" it wont take long for someone to hack it.

About the query, have you used shortcuts as a BO attribute? if not it´s hard to explain but look it up in the manual and it will be clearer. If not, let us know.

About the date I think so, but I´m not sure how it will work, so I guess (if no one else answers) go ahead and try..

/Rem
greg

Re: More Questions about Aware

Post by greg »

Hi PM,
paddo2002 wrote: Can a >=Current_Date be used in a rule before the Send Email? If so how often does it keep repeating the sending of the email If you go past the date?
Yes, you can use a process like this:

If BO.ReferenceDate=>CURRENT_DATE Then SEND YourEmail TO BO

In this particular instance the process has to be called from the BO's form and have the BO as the input.

Or if you want to find all BOs to send emails to, you can use two processes. First process EmailMain with no input and two rules:
1. FIND BO WHERE ReferenceDate=>CURRENT_DATE
2. SendEmail
Where SendEmail is the second process with the BO listed as the input and a single rule:
SEND YourEmail TO BO

You can schedule EmailMain to run automatically
paddo2002 wrote: How secure is the connection to the aware server? ie, If I have it running on the intranet behind a firewall, is it possible to be broken into?
Security is set by your firewall, database password, etc. For encryption you can use SSL connection with Tomcat, see this thread for details http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1043
paddo2002 wrote: Can Awareim or is it in the works that it will be able to handle labels? Something similar to the way MS word does? Or any ideas on how to tackle this one?
If you are talking about printing labels from a database, then you can set up a pdf or a Word report to do this. Cannot see any problem with doing it.

greg
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

Thanks for the comments Greg, This is very helpful

Cheers
Patrick