Storing of document?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rem

Storing of document?

Post by Rem »

As I understand you can use Aware IM for documentstoring, right?

My wonder now is, how are the documents stored, in a filesystem or in the database?

I hope the answer is filesystem!

We use Sharepoint today, but it has the disadvantage to store everything in one big database (which is impossible to access from outside). So if something happens to Sharepoint (which it ofcourse does, often..) you can not access the documents.

If they on the other hand were stored on a filesystem it would be much easier if something happened.

/Rem
Rem

Post by Rem »

Think I found the answer to this on page 88 i the UM. The answer is the database, shit!

So, another question then:

How can you make a routine that copies all the documents to disk (like a backup) on a schedule, is that possible! (if it is, came to think of it, it´s even better than to store in filesystem)

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

Rem,

You should be able to use EXPORT DOCUMENT Action to do this.

You may find some related clues at:

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1723
http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1786

Hope this helps,
Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The best thing is to backup your database.
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

Yes, ofcourse you should have a backup of the database.

But if somethings happens it´s almost always faster to acces files in the filesystem then to wait for someone to fix the problem and restore the database.

/Rem
mcs

Post by mcs »

I'm not using the product yet, but the question could be: Do we have functions to create, rename and delete folders in a file system? And do we then have access to documents in that folders and lunch documents like PDF, .DOC, .JPEG etc.. when clicking on their icon inside AwareIM? Provided you have the right application installed on the client !

Sorry for my poor english, i'm french speaking.
Have a nice NY !

Theo
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Morning,
You could create a process to export any particular documents or data . Then start that process on a scheduled time or instance.

"So at midnight, every night, do this process and export these documents"

Good luck

Christopher