Integrity Error on decimals

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Integrity Error on decimals

Post by ACDC »

Hi

I don't know if its to much holiday, but I am blocked on this one

I have a settlement discount attribute of a number type
With some predefined choices eg: 2.5 , 5.0 , 7.5

I am getting this integrity error"

"Literals in expression NOT(Invoices.SettlementDiscount IN 0, 2.5, UNDEFINED) have different types."

If I remove the decimal then it works. I have also tried a few format options

The Help seems to be clear on the format, but for some reason this error prevails
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

ACDC,
I ran into this on another project but it sounds the be the same. Maybe support can verify this...

When the IN expression is used, there are three things need to keep in mind: First, the state_field_path_expression must have a string, numeric or enum value. Other types will be not supported for IN expression

Christopher
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Try using 0.0 instead of 0 and keep other decimals.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Hi
I tried this once before and could not get it to work, but now going back to the attribute and inserting the decimal eg 2.5 and 7.5, it works fine.

So it seems to have wanted me to create the attribute first and insert the choices without the decimals, then test for integrity and then go back and edit the attribute by inserting the decimal part of the numbers

Sounds like a bug to me. Anyway problem solved, just need to remember this for next time

Thank You