Notifications not Sending

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
paddo2002

Notifications not Sending

Post by paddo2002 »

Hi,
I am new to aware and for the life of me cannot get the email notifications to send email.

this is what I have. I have an

Intelligent object called users with the settings set to use system settings like the library example.

I have a BO called revisions with this rule

If Revision.ReviewDate=Current_Date AND Revision.UpdateResponsibility.EmailAddress IS DEFINED AND SystemSettings.OutgoingEmailHost IS DEFINED Then
SEND DocumentRevisionDue TO Revision.UpdateResponsibility

and I have a notification called DocumentRevisionDue

When the BOs with the calculated field called ReviewDate show todays date, I don't get an email. Is there a specific time this should be sent? Do I have to be logged on or just having the server running should do the trick? I am also operating in testing mode. Does this matter?

All help appreciated

Regards
PM
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

PM,
Do you have your SystemSettings correct? You need to set them, your POP3 information and such, prior to sending any email.

Login (as admin) >Standard> System Settings

You can also find a good example in the sample library application located in the Aware DIR

Good Luck,
Chris
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

Thanks for stearing me in the right direction. I will have a go
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

I tried the System configuration step and still the notifications don't come. Please help me solve this riddel..
Cheers
Patrick
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

P,
Did you look at the CRM and the Library samples? They have a pretty good example of the email function. Of course you can add on to it and such as you wish.

Let us know how it goes....

Christopher
Rem

Post by Rem »

There is a small example app that mails gretings on birthdays (or at least I think if I remember correctly) you have to manually enter it but it´s worth doing.

That´s how I started and the mail worked right away. Please try it, if you haven´t solved it yet.

And to another possibility (and these things I´m good at :lol: ). Have you checked if the problem is outside Aware IM? If not please check if you can connect to the smtp server (from the Awareserver). Do this by telneting on port 25. If you can´t connect it might be your internetprovider blocking the access to the server your trying to use or it might be a local virusprotection blocking access on port 25.

If you CAN telnet there is a possibility of a denied relaying. To verify this you must telnet again and make a real mail with exactly the same sender and adresses as in your app. If you come this far and want more info please let me know!

Regards Rem
Rem

Post by Rem »

Another problem could ofcourse be a firewall, local or standalone!

/Rem
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Rem has a great point! If you find that your Internet provider has port 25 blocked (very common from ISP's) then find out if your email server has an alternate smtp port you can use or request them to set one up for you. Not always available depending on the mail host.

Good luck!

Chris
paddo2002

Post by paddo2002 »

I have finally found that if I put the parameters in the intelligence part of the field manually, the notifications come. My Initialise screen asks to initialise and then says it has been initialised, but doesn't actually ask me to put any of the parameters in. I need to sort that out, but the business rules work OK

Thanks for the help guys

PM