showing selected AwareIM data in another web page

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

showing selected AwareIM data in another web page

Post by tford »

Good morning,

I'm wondering if it's possible to present selected AwareIM data in another web page. For example, I would like to list a number of different links on a non-AwareIM web page:
- Category 1
- Category 2
- Category 3
- etc

When the user would click any of the Category x links, I would like the user to see appropriate AwareIM data wrapped by the non-AwareIM web site's navigation.

Is this possible? If so, can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks much!
Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Tom,

A couple of options:

1. Insert data in webpage using guest access and iframe showing data delivered by AwareIM

2. Create a php or asp page and connect to AwareIM database using traditional methods. In essence, you are accessing the AwareIM database but bypassing the AwareIM engine. There are obvious security and data corruption possibilities inherent with this approach.

Cheers,
Pete
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Tom,
Cold Fusion 8 support JDBC/Derby db right out of the box. Therefore you could talked to the Aware/Derby db and use the data on web page or as you wish.

Also Tom, I should have my new CF server in the next few days. If you want explore using CF in conjunction with Aware I will be happy to give you access and help with any CF code.

Christopher