Strange Error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Strange Error

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

Recently, I have been receiving the following error code when editing a line item which is a child reference of an expense report:

Operation error. ExpenseReportLineItem has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again.

This error is arising even if the ExpenseReportLineItem is simply opened and then resaved. Any ideas what I should be looking for as the cause?

Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This error usually happens under the following scenario:

1. One user opens a form of a particular instance of a business object and goes away to prepare some coffee while the form is on the sceeen
2. While the first user is happily drinking the coffee another user opens the SAME instance of a business object on his machine, changes some attributes and saves the object.
3. The first user finishes his coffee, returns to the screen and does the same thing - tries to change the object and save. He will then get this error.

The error happens because the instance of the object has been already modified by another user. It prevents people from overwriting changes done by other users.

I am not sure why this is happenning for you. Is it possible that you had a similar scenario? If not, it is likely to be a bug. Try to re-start Aware IM. If it still doesn't work please send your bsv to us with the description of the steps required to reproduce the problem.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

The problem is occuring in test mode as well so it is not a record locking issue as I am the only user testing. I will send you the bsv along with error replication steps by email.

Thanks,
Pete