Changing Text

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
christopherb

Changing Text

Post by christopherb »

Does any one know the location in the WEB-INF DIR to change the text located on the logon form. I have createing a custom logon but would like to change the text also...

I would think it should be located here, cc-forms.tld, though I have not found it as of yet.....

Chris
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The page you need to change is in AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM directory. There are two files logon.jsp and logonOp.jsp

If you look at the files it will be fairly obvious what you need to change
Aware IM Support Team
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Thank you I am aware (non pun) of the location of the file and yes it would be a simple text change but you are using a taglibrary from java.

So simply changing the "label" in the form does not produce the desired results

Such as..... <forms:password label="Logon.password" property="password" size="16" maxlength="70"/>

Of course not a typical HTML W3C standard form. Where as "Label" would be the same as "Value" in a typical HTML form. Changing the label only produces the text string with a "?" on the start and end of the label.

Hope that helps explain in greater detail.

Chris
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Logon.password is a key to the ApplicationResouces.properties file located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/classes directory. Just add the key to this file and reference this key in the jsp file (you will need to re-start AwareIM after you modify the ApplicationResouces.properties file).
Aware IM Support Team
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

In case any others needed to the know, the location of the file is a little different....

AwareIM/Tomcat/shared/classes
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You are right, sorry.
Aware IM Support Team