Evaluating AwareIM

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jonlau

Evaluating AwareIM

Post by jonlau »

Hi,

New to AwareIM....The samples looks quite good

Want to know the following:-

1) Any limitation in the report design? I don't see a lot of it in the samples

2) Any U.I. limitation ? How abt Treeview U.I. eg. HEADER INFO -> DETAILS1 -> DETAILS2->DETAILS3

3) Any examples on "interacting" with 3rd party products ? eg. Fax Server

4) Can it support chinese & japanese language ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1) Any limitation in the report design? I don't see a lot of it in the samples
The Report Designer is obviously not Crystal Reports with all bells and whistles but it will do everything most users want
2) Any U.I. limitation ? How abt Treeview U.I. eg. HEADER INFO -> DETAILS1 -> DETAILS2->DETAILS3
Tree view is supported (you can display references as a tree). It is just not in samples
3) Any examples on "interacting" with 3rd party products ? eg. Fax Server
In the samples there is an example of interacting with PayPal payment gateway. Other than that there are plenty of ways of interaction with 3rd party products - from web services to Java plug-ins
4) Can it support chinese & japanese language ?
Not at the moment.
Aware IM Support Team
jonlau

Post by jonlau »

Able to give me more examples on the treeview and reports ?

Will the next release ( within next 12 months cycle ) support chinese & japanese language ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please take a look at the UserGuide regarding TreeView and reports. It has extensive documentation on both. Some people on this forum may share any samples that they've got.

We hope to support Chinese and Japanese in the nearest future.
Aware IM Support Team
jonlau

Post by jonlau »

My current projects do require chinese & japanese language support...
If this feature is planned within the next 6 months, i do consider making a purchase now.
As i need some time to up to speed with awareIM, i can still tell my clients to "hold" for the chinese & japanese support.

Do you consider adding a TIPS & TRICKS or sample source code sections in the forum ?
It will definitely helped newbie like me get up to speed and understand a lot better. It will also speed up purchase decision making.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Support of Chinese and Japanese is in our immediate plans but we cannot identify specific time frame at this stage.

As far as TIPS and TRICKS are concerned you can have at the How To document (which is also available on our web site) - it has quite a number of useful tips and recommendations.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

jonlau,

In case you have not found them yet, the BSVs live sample applications at http://www.awareim.com/sample_applications.html can be found in your c:\AwareIM\samples directory.

I've found that these are the some of the best resources for "Tips and Tricks". You can import them into your own AwareIM & experiment with them.

Hope this helps,
Tom