Relationships between Business Objects

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
karima

Relationships between Business Objects

Post by karima »

Hi!

Aware Im generates business objects id. I already have my own primary keys, so how and where can I define it in Aware Im?

Relationships between my BO must probably be wrong.
Let me explain to you...
I have a relation between two BO: Contact and Compagny
A company can have many contacts but a contact belongs to a single company.
So I have an IDSociete attribute in my Contact BO which refers to the Compagny (IDsociete attribute). But i don't know where i must clarify that the attribute IDSociete refers to the Compagny name. So when I do a search, the input area is empty.

Please can we explain me how it works in aware Im.
Rem

Post by Rem »

I think it´s like this (I´m no expert)

Go the BO, go to the attribute, chose edit

There you have "realtion to other BO" you can chose "owner of" or "owned by" depending on the relationship.

However the manual isn´t quite consistent with the program here, because they talk about father and son so test with both and se how it works.

If you get it to work I´ll be glad to hear about it.

/Rem
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You do not need to deal with IDs when defining relationship between objects in Aware IM. You can do it like this:

1. In the Configuration Tool define objects Contact and Company with some simple type attributes (like Name, etc.) and save the objects.
2. In object Contact define attribute Company and select Company from the list as its type. Enter Contacts for the matching attribute name. Save the attribute and the object.

This is it. You can find more details on defining relationship between objects in the Aware IM User Guide.

If you import existing data into Aware IM and want to re-create links between the exiting data, you can do it by importing a relationship file. You can use IDs or other unique attributes in the relationship file to re-create links. Please refer to the Aware IM User Guide for more details on importing related data and to the Ordering sample application for an example of importing data with links to other data (line items are imported with links to their orders and products).
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your help!
I don't find any example about relationship file in Aware IM User Guide.
To have an idea, can you give me an example of a relationship file.
In the matching attributes, why can I not choose an "existing" attribute?
karima

Post by karima »

I think I found something
In my Contact csv file, the IDsociete attribute refers to the Compagny, so instead of putting Contact.IDsociete, maybe i I have to put Contact.Societe.IDsociete in the Contact csv file?

Doing that i have an internal error, so maybe it's not the right solution to my problem!

Code: Select all

Exception changing status of the business space version aware Im server encountered the following error. Error dropping table 'ALTER TABLE' cannot be perfomed on BASTESTDOMAINTEST_CONTACT because it does not exist
I just have change my Contact csv File and the IDsociete name in Societe name and his type to number instead of Societe.
karima

Post by karima »

I don't have an error message, but I still can't link my bo.
Someone can help me please.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Check the import log and the Aware IM Server output after importing CSV files to see if there are any error messages.
Aware IM Support Team
karima

Post by karima »

There is no problems when i import my CSV files.
I just want to link my BO.
So like, i have seen to the Ordering sample application.
I just have change my Contact Csv File. I added the link with my Compagny Bo in my Contact Csv File, so i changed Contact.IDsociete with Contact.Societe.IDsoiciete. But it doesn't work. I have a Societe attribute in my contact BO which refers to the Societe Bo.
When i test it, the relationship doesn't work. I don't know what Contact belong to a Compagny.

I can not solve this problem, so please answer me.
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Upload your bsv and the header of your csv to the Yahoo Aware user group. I will try and take a peek at it this evening.

Chris
karima

Post by karima »

I have foud my mistake. It was just a problem with the import order.
The solution was to import the Compagny csv file before the Contact csv file.

Thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate!