Editing Objects warning - is this a bug ?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Editing Objects warning - is this a bug ?

Post by ACDC »

When editing an object and you get to an attribute in the form that references another object of a "Table Type" there is a warning that pops up when you click the list icon, saying "you will loose data not saved in the form". This means after I have edited some attributes, before I click on this type of attribute on the form, I must click the Save button and then resume with the rest of my editing process and list view of the relevant object. This clearly is a problem and in my mind should not be like this.

However things work correctly when in Create Object. It lets you go ahead and list records in another object without the warning and saves all the data correctly without having to save and then resume. Thats how editing an object should work!

Could support clarify whether this behavior is normal, and what can be done to resolve it and make it work like it does when in Create Object

Thank you
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

We will investigate this.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is probably a bug and it may also be specific to a browser. Which one are you using?
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Sorry for the delay , I am using Firefox 2.0.0.11
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

ACDC,
I also a use Fox, like a religion, and haven't had the same experiences you're having. What build are you using?

Chris
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Could you please also check if the same problem happens in IE?
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

The problem also exists in IE

To simulate the problem, go to the Ordering sample and edit the Purchase Order object , Items reference.

Change the Items (LineItems) attribute presentation to : remove inline editing and select "Generate Add New Button"

Now test the application and go to edit an existing purchase order
1. Change the status
2. Add new item to purchase order
Note the problem when selecting the + to add item ie: (pop window warning - data will be lost etc etc).
The application should store the "status" attribute change, while the new item is being inserted and then allow resume of purchase order edit.

BTW, the pop up warning ignores the Cancel or Ok button select, and proceeds to the items insert anyway, loosing the new edit data. This in its own right is a bug with the pop up, but get rid of the pop up, then this will go away