New Builds

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
joftech

New Builds

Post by joftech »

Hi Aware IM Team,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for the continued high level of support your team offers all users of your product.

i would like to make the folllowing suggestion.

When releasing a new build could you either post on this forum or via email a notification of the availability of new build and a simple list of the issues or problems that are fixed in the new build.

This would help users of Aware IM to know what issues have been resolved and that they can fix some of their issues by downloading the new build.

Just a suggestion.

Best Regards

Alan
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Yes,

If only you had some kind of web-based tool on your website where users could log in to view their license info etc.. and to download new versions. This solution should be robust enough to send out emails (let's call them notifications) based on actions (let's call them rules). This software would be awesome (let's call it AwareIM). ;)

Sorry for the tongue in cheek response guys but it would be really easy to add a process to your existing app that would email us if you upload a new version.

Cheers,
Pete
ab042

Post by ab042 »

If nothing else, putting the latest version on the home page of the site would be helpful.
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi pbrad,

I was not talking about version upgrades ie v2 to v3. Yes we do know about those. I was talking about builds ie build 1019 going to 1020 etc. We are not 'Aware' of those unless we look at the download page or we visit the forum. For example the build I am currently ruinning has the calculation trigger problem. The latest build has that fixed. The only reason I know that the latest build has the problems fixed is because I read the forum.

Alan
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Alan,

I know, I was talking about the same thing.

Pete
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

We will think about how we can improve this.

Currently the latest build number can be found at http://www.awareim.com/downloads.html and summary of changes at http://www.awareim.com/changelog/
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

There is a neat tool at http://beta.changedetection.com/ that will send you an email when a web site changes. I have found it to be reliable.

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

So, I´m runing 1023 but there are a few bugs that weren´t in 2.3 so when is the next build due?

/Rem
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

I really don't see that this should be an issue. We shouldn't have to use third party tools to monitor changes to the website or have to check the changelog directory daily.

Just add an attribute to your existing AwareIM application on your website called LatestBuild, then when you create a new build, update this attribute and run a rule when LatestBuild WAS CHANGED that sends an email notification to all users advising them that a new build is available.

You could enhance this with a description of the build changes in the body of the email.

Pete
joftech

Post by joftech »

I think the suggestion that Pete has is good and would work well.

I am sorry I did not mean this to turn into a big issue.

Alan
tford

Post by tford »

FYI -- Build 1024 has been posted. Details of the updates can be found at http://www.awareim.com/changelog/Readme1024.txt

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

I downloaded now and got 1025.

I really think that there should be more info about this somewhere!

/Rem