Empty Query in Testing Mode

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Version 3 Interface

Post by [email protected] »

I am having same problem, using build 1025. Am in contact with support (Vladimir) working thru the problem
Rob
Rem

Post by Rem »

The latest build is 1027. For me it solved my problems!

/Rem
marc

Post by marc »

AwareIM Upgraded to Version 3 Build 1027
Queries with Version 2 disabled are still blank.
If using Export in the CRM example 28 records are showing but not in the report window (empty). The Version 2 reports are working as usual.
Rem

Post by Rem »

Came to think of it. I had another problem with a report. Allmost every filed were blank, just a few had some content (although every field really had conntent of course).

This happened after I had made some minor change to something else in the BSV. No matter how many times I tested the report ended upp almost blank.

I solved it by going in to the report and make some minor adjustment and save it once more.

But I suppose you have tried that?

/Rem
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This issue has nothing to do with the report - this is the problem with new query interface (other people reported it too). We have been struggling to reproduce the problem. It is data-related. Some particular data format causes a query not to display anything. But we cannot reproduce it!!!

So please help us reproduce the problem. We told Marc that the CRM example has 27 records, not 28. Which means that he must have created a new record himself and the problem is probably in the data for that record, since the native CRM example with 27 records works fine.

Therefore, once again a question to Marc - what data to you have in your own 28th record??

Thanks
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I don't know if this is of any help, but on my production server that is running the same version as my development machine. I can reproduce this error by simply choosing the menu item 'Search Objects'. It doesn't matter what objects I search or which bsv I use, the results are always blank in the new interface. This is quite inconvenient as I use this when I am developing and testing an app and you are not given the choice of version 2 or version 3 in this case. For some reason, this problem does not occur on my development machine. I am still running release 1025 but I don't believe that you have reported any work done on this problem in the last two releases. I will be updating the version tonight and will report back if the problem is solved by doing this.

Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks, Pete. This is exactly the problem that another user Rob is experiencing (also with build 1025). We don't believe build 1027 has any fixes in this area, but maybe worth a try anyway. Let us know if this made any difference.

So are you saying that ANY query returns no results?? Are you also saying that you are running the system not on localhost (Rob's system is not on localhost as well, I wonder if this is actually the problem, rather than data)?
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I am pretty sure that stand-alone queries are running fine in both V2 an V3 interfaces. The problem that I am having is any query resulting from the 'Search Objects' dialogue box.

It is running fine on my notebook (running as localhost) but not on my Win2003 server (not running as localhost). I think that is opposite to what Rob was finding, is it not?

Pete
marc

Post by marc »

AwareIM 3.0 Build 1027
If done the query with the crm example without changing anything again just to be shure.
System/SearchObjects/Run query/Customer
The result with Version 2 disabled is empty
The export shows 28 rows including the headline, = 27 customers without headline
I did not change the customer data!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Marc, are you running the system on localhost?
Aware IM Support Team
marc

Post by marc »

No iam not using AwareIM on localhost.
AwareIM is on an Windows 2003 Server and i launch the Application from an PC with Windows XP.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Pete, Marc, Rob, could you please check the output of Tomcat and Aware IM server after you run a query that returns no results? Is there anything suspicious there?
Aware IM Support Team
marc

Post by marc »

system.log after running query Customers
2008-01-09 03:00:44,888 ERROR -Unable to initialise outgoing e-mail channel for business object Customer in business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object has not been initialised
2008-01-09 03:00:45,310 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomainlibrary_example. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:00:45,310 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomainlibrary_example. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:00:45,310 ERROR -Unable to initialise outgoing e-mail channel for business object Member in business space BASTestDomainlibrary_example. It is possible that SystemSettings object has not been initialised
2008-01-09 03:03:52,986 ERROR APP#admin -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:03:52,986 ERROR APP#admin -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:09:15,626 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:09:15,657 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:09:15,657 ERROR -Unable to initialise outgoing e-mail channel for business object StaffMember in business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object has not been initialised
2008-01-09 03:09:15,657 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:09:15,657 ERROR -Unable to initialise outgoing e-mail channel for business object Customer in business space BASTestDomaincrm_sample. It is possible that SystemSettings object has not been initialised
2008-01-09 03:09:16,142 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomainlibrary_example. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:09:16,142 ERROR -Unable to start e-mail channel for business space BASTestDomainlibrary_example. It is possible that SystemSettings object is not initialised.
2008-01-09 03:09:16,142 ERROR -Unable to initialise outgoing e-mail channel for business object Member in business space BASTestDomainlibrary_example. It is possible that SystemSettings object has not been initialised

The Log of AwareIM (View from the control panel) does not show any entries regarding crm
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is normal. What's in the Tomcat output window?
Aware IM Support Team
marc

Post by marc »

Tomcat Logfile:

2008-01-09 02:56:29 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.bas.webapp.actions.QueryAction.a(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.actions.QueryAction.S(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.actions.QueryAction.doExecute(Unknown Source)
at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.ActionUtil.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.RequestProcessorUtil.processAction(Unknown Source)
at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWRequestProcessor.processActionPerform(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:415)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:704)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:474)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:409)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:312)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1056)
at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:231)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:415)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2008-01-09 03:08:43 StandardContext[/balancer]org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter: init(): ruleChain: [org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain: [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.URLStringMatchRule: Target string: News / Redirect URL: http://www.cnn.com], [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.RequestParameterRule: Target param name: paramName / Target param value: paramValue / Redirect URL: http://www.yahoo.com], [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.AcceptEverythingRule: Redirect URL: http://jakarta.apache.org]]