Copying Objects

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

Copying Objects

Post by jclark58 »

Can I copy an object from one Business Space to another. For example I would like to pinch some of the functionality from the CRM Business Space into my own business space but cant see how to do it. What happens to linked and other dependent objects?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Yes. You can copy business objects, rules and other configuration elements from one business space to another, or duplicate them within the same business space. To do it, right-mouse-click (Control-click on Mac) on the desired configuration element in the configuration tree panel on the left and select Copy from the context menu. In the destination business space version, right-mouse click on the appropriate container in the tree (such as 'Business objects' for copying business objects) and select Paste from the context menu.

> What happens to linked and other dependent objects?
The attributes referring to non-existing objects will remain unresolved. The integrity checker will detect them. You can either copy the other dependent objects across, or delete the attributes referring to non-existing objects from the copied object if they are not relevant to the destination business space.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

DUH! Took me a while to figure out why I couldnt get it to work last night..... Cant copy multiple objects at once..!?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

To select multiple items for copying, hold down Ctrl key (Apple key on Mac) while clicking on each desired item in the tree. Then right-mouse-click (Control-click on Mac) on any of the selected items and select Copy from the context menu.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Yes that works too. The way I was trying was to click the first then shift click the last in the group and thus select all in between which is also a standard windows technique. Then the copy option is greyed out.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is greyed out because some of the selected objects are not allowed to be copied (such as SystemSettings), not because of the way they were selected. You can right-mouse-click each object individually to see if Copy command is allowed for it.
Aware IM Support Team