sign on problems

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
mattcme

sign on problems

Post by mattcme »

It seems that my main admin user switched to a guest user. I hadn't created another new user yet. (I'm assuming it was a collegue of mine trying to get familiar with the program.)

In any case, when I now try to log on as the admin (who is now a guest), it opens the main menu page. Only instead of having a vertical menu with my usual functions, it says Login. This opens up a new login menu that just doesn't let me log in.

I tried correcting the problem by giving guests full access and thus giving them the same options as admins. No luck, it changed nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mathieu Haley

Dartmouth, Canada
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi Mathieu,

In the Configuration Tool, add an item of type Change Login Details to the menu for Guest visual perspective. Make the version operational.

When you login to the operation mode and click that menu item you should be able to change the Access Level attribute back to Administrator (provided that you have allowed access to the attribute for Guest access level). Click Save on the form, logout and login again.
Aware IM Support Team
mattcme

Post by mattcme »

Worked like a charm!

Thanks alot!
Mathieu Haley

Dartmouth, Canada