Copy/Paste Forms

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum

Copy/Paste Forms

Post by avatar69 »

Dear AwareIM,

Could you possibly make a feature that would allow one to copy and paste forms? It would be really nice to be able to make a form and then copy paste it, and then just make small modifications for a diffeent access level/view etc, rather than having to redo the whole form again.

Many thanks,
JTU
Spirax Sarco
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This feature is already available. You need to expand the node of the business object in the tree and you will see the node "Forms". Expand this node, select the form you need, click the right mouse button to bring up the context menu and select Copy. Then paste the form into the same object or a different one.
Aware IM Support Team

Post by avatar69 »

Lol - thank you. I am such a n00b. :lol:
JTU
Spirax Sarco
tford

Post by tford »

John,

P136 of the User Guide describes this functionality. It also explains that you can copy between BSVs which can be VERY handy if you build infrastructure type elements in 1 BSV that can be use in other BSVs. For example I have certain login / logout functionality that I built only once, then copied without changing to new BSVs. A BIG time saver!

Tom