Question.Reply

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Question.Reply

Post by tford »

On page 30 of the Rule Language Reference, it describes "If Question.Reply - 'Yes' Then ...

1- What value of Question.Reply is returned when Cancel is clicked on a DISPLAY QUESTION? I tried 'Cancel' and that is not it.

2- Is there a way to get Question.Reply to come up in the context helper in a Process Rule? I could not find it.

Thanks,
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

PS -- On the surface, it seems that 'Cancel' answer can not be captured in a rule IF statement. I tried Question.Reply<>'Yes' DISPLAY MESSAGE 'Customer **NOT** deleted.' The message was only displayed when I clicked NO. When I clicked Cancel, no message was displayed.

Tom
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

To my understanding you can query the .reply attribute for 'yes' and 'no'. If the user hits 'Cancel' then the process gets stopped. So there's no need for querying for 'cancel'.
tford

Post by tford »

Yep -- my trial and error gets to the same answer. Ultimately I would like to be able to capture the Cancel answer also to be able to deliver a message to the user in certain cases & make sure the user really meant to click cancel :)

Tom

PS -- minor addition to documentation would be good -- to document all possible answers.