Keep reference to the Parent BO of an Appointment Object

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Elmar

Keep reference to the Parent BO of an Appointment Object

Post by Elmar »

Hi there.

Let´s assume that there is something like "Calendar BO" that contains "Appointment" BO´s. If I set visual presentation of the "Appointment" BO within the "Calendar" BO to "Table" it is easy to add new "Appointment" BO´s to the parent "Calendar" BO. However, if I set the presentation to "Calendar", adding new "Appoinment" BO´s doesn´t work so smoothly anymore. The Appointments are created correctly but they haven´t got the relation to the parent "Calendar" BO and in result aren´t shown in the Calendar.

Do I need to write a custom process for that or am I missing something?

All the best,
Elmar
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Total silence ... :?
Is the solution for my question to obvious :oops:?

I couldn´t find a similar reference in the samples so I thought I´d ask here.

Thanks anyway,
Elmar
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The appointments objects should be created with a reference to the parent and so they should be shown in the calendar. If they are not, it is either a bug or you are doing something wrong (for example, setting dates that are outside the calendar visible range).

We have done a couple of tests and on our systems everything seems to be working properly. Are you sure you are doing everything correctly?
Aware IM Support Team
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Hi Support.

Well, you already have my BSV and a Bug related with something similar (Appointment Groups) was just confirmed to me by AwareIM.

With this issue: the only thing I did was changing the presentation of the Appoinment BO within the Container BO to "Calendar" instead of "Table of items". If I add appointments in that calendar presentation by pressing the plus icon they are not referenced with that Container BO.

Best regards,
Elmar
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You have to provide a matching attribute between the container object and the appointment object, i.e. the appointment object must have a link back to the container. Some objects in your configuration do not have that. For example, Exercise_running object contained in the TrainingPlan does not have a link back to the Training plan via a matching attribute - matching attribute on the Appointments reference in the TrainingPlan is "None". This is wrong.
Aware IM Support Team
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Ok, so you are saying that referencing with the container BO is done automaticly in the "table presentation" of appointment.-style objects if I click "add new" but not in "calendar presentation" if I click the "add icon" and I need to reference the container BO. Alright, I will try that.

I just wondered if that is the desired behaviour because an unexperienced AwareIM user like me could expect AwareIM to link up these objects automaticly because I am coming from the container BO, I click the calendar "plus icon" from within the visual context of the container BO and I expect to add Appointment BO´s to that container via the calendar. But well, as long as it is clear to other users, I am fine :D.

Thanks for your support!
Elmar
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You are probably right - Aware IM could have linked them up automatically. Having matching attributes is optional for table presentation, but it is a must for calendar presentation.
Aware IM Support Team
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

>Having matching attributes is optional for table presentation, but it is a must for calendar presentation.

Ah, good statement. Maybe this sentence even makes it into the user guide for appointment BO´s :D. It might be pretty obvious for experienced users but wasn´t for me.

Thanks,
Elmar