Is It Faster???

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

Is It Faster???

Post by john »

Hi

Just a very quick question

I have just downloaded version 2.3 (build 966) I think, have you sped the system up?

Before when I took a BS out of testing it took me literally ten minutes to logon for the first time and at least five to open EVERY form used in my system, which meant testing was very very painful.

Having just made a change I thought my eyes were deceiving me!!! It is like lightning. . .

If this is your handy work then thanks so much, that is my only niggly little gripe with the system cleared right up!!

Thankyou
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, actually, we didn't change anything. The system can be a little slow during testing due to the fact that Aware IM generates screen layouts on every logon as well as forms for every new business object being accessed. This happens every time a new version is published for testing (which obviously happens quite often during the testing cycle).

However, once the screen layouts and forms have been generated Aware IM does not re-generate them again (until another version is published). So all subsequent access is lightning fast. So end users in the production environment will never experience any slow down.

You have probably worked with the forms that have been already generated after you have downloaded the latest build.
Aware IM Support Team