Turning off rule processing during bug tracking??

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Turning off rule processing during bug tracking??

Post by tford »

Does anyone know of any tricks to temporarily turn off certain rules from processing. I'm trying to track a bug in my BSV & suspect that it's in a bad rule. One easy way to track it down would be to turn "off" a series of rules, then turn them back on one by one.

Thanks,
Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Tom,
It is a bit of a workaround but what I do in the same situation is to create a new minor version and then delete the rules one by one for troubleshooting purposes and then copy and paste them back into the new version from the most previous version once I have eliminated them as the source of the problem. Once I have found the problem, I usually modify my original version and then delete that newest version in case there was something that I forgot to paste back in.
Cheers,
Pete
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks Pete.

That's exactly what I started doing after writing my first question. It's more work than I had hoped for, but the only choice for now.

Thanks for your help :D

Tom
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You can add a rule condition like "1=0" to ensure the rule actions will not be executed. This would effectively turn the rule off.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Re: 1=0 in rule conditions: Is there a way to search for a literal throughout all rules?

For example, if I put 1=0 in a number of different rule conditions during problem solving & I want to then make sure that they are all removed when I am finished.

Thanks!
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Sorry -- I found my answer. Searching rules for a literal is available in menu Version | Search Rules.

Tom